Audience: NAEMT's EMS Safety is appropriate for all levels of EMS practitioners, other medical professionals providing prehospital patient care, and EMS supervisors and administrators
Course Content: NAEMT's EMS Safety course equips EMS practitioners with the skills and knowledge they need to ensure their own safety and the safety of their patients. With its comprehensive curriculum and real-life case studies, this course promotes a culture of safety in the EMS community and helps reduce on-the-job fatalities and injuries.
As the only national safety course for EMS practitioners, EMS Safety covers the latest safety issues and offers participants a platform to share their experiences and engage in discussions. The interactive format includes critical thinking stations that challenge students to assess risks and make informed decisions. Enroll today to elevate your safety skills and protect yourself and your patients.
NAEMT's EMS Safety course teaches students how to protect themselves and their patients while on the job. The course covers the following topics:
- Hazards identification and management:
- Offensive drivers
- Violent encounters
- Chronic stress
- Practical strategies:
- Situational awareness
- Defensive driving
- Verbal deflection
- Resiliency skills development
Additionally, the course covers the following:
- Applying crew resource management in EMS
- Safe emergency vehicle operations through situational awareness and defensive driving
- Multi-agency pre-planning, vehicle and practitioner visibility techniques, and defensive staging practices at roadside incidents
- Protecting both EMS practitioners and patients from injury through lift assist teams, lifting and moving equipment, and behavioral controls
- Deescalating potential threats through situational awareness and verbal and physical techniques
- Protecting against emerging threats through infection and contagion control
- Coping with daily and critical incident stress through strengthened resiliency skills
- Personal readiness for daily challenges and hazards through optimal personal health.
Course Format / Time: EMS Safety is offered as an 8-hour classroom course and is appropriate for all levels of EMS practitioners, other medical professionals providing prehospital patient care, and EMS supervisors and administrators.
Course Materials: 2023 EMS Safety Textbook. This can be purchased during enrollment.
Enrollment Cut-off: Enrollment closes when the class is full. Those that enroll within a few days of the class may have their book held until the day of the class.
Certification: Students who successfully complete the course receive a certificate of completion and a wallet card good for 4 years. EMS Safety is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
Wednesday Aug 09, 2023
8:00 am -5:00 pm
|NHCPR - Bedford||Enrollment Open - Space Available||Enroll|