Audience: This course is for currently certified or licensed EMTs interested in advancing their certification to the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) level.
- Airway Management
- Patient Assessment
- Medical and Trauma Emergencies
- Infants and Children
- And much more
Course Format: Online with classroom hours for scenario and skill work.
Course Length: 200+/- hours
- Online Time: We estimate the average student will spend 5-8+ hours per week completing required reading and online coursework.
- Required In-Classroom time: 30 +/- hours. Classroom hours are used for skills and scenario sessions.
- Clinical Length: 80+/- hours at a hospital and/or ambulance.
Course Cost: See the course listing below. This price includes the course, clinical liability insurance, and clinical uniform use.
Deposit: $350.00 non-refundable deposit is required when you click the "enroll now" link. This non-refundable deposit is applied to the course fee.
Additional student costs: NREMT written and practical testing fees, immunizations, criminal background checks + drug tests (approx 150.00), uniform pants, uniform shirt, boots, books, online A&P Medical Terminology, HIPAA awareness (approx 89.00), PPE, and other incidental costs.
Prerequisites: AHA BLS CPR card (taken within 12 months of the course start date), EMT or EMT-B provider. Computer with internet access, speakers, printer, and webcam.
Students must obtain and bring proof of health insurance and the following immunizations by the 2nd week of class. They are:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): either proof of MMR immunization within the last 8 years or a positive titer (a blood draw showing that immunization already exists).
- Tetanus (Tdap): immunization must be within the last ten years.
- Negative TB skin test (PPD): skin test date must be less than six months before beginning your clinical rotation. Persons with a history of a positive PPD must provide documentation of a recent chest x-ray and a review of symptoms within the past 12 months. If a chest x-ray is abnormal, clinician clearance must also be provided.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Documentation of both varicella vaccine shots or a positive varicella titer.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series: documentation showing that the Hepatitis B series of immunizations (total of three doses) has been started by the end of the first month of class or documentation showing a positive Hep B titer.
- Recent Flu Shot: some clinical sites may require this depending on the status of the flu season
- COVID-19: Minimum 1st dose by class start date and booster(s) if eligible.
For more information on these shots/titers, please call our Health Services office at 603-668-5360.
Certification: Upon successfully completing this course, students will be eligible for the National Registry of EMTs test for Advanced EMT certification.
Thursday Sep 07, 2023
Advanced EMT - ALL LOCATIONS
Enrollment Opens - Jul 26, 2023 12:00 am
|Registration will be started on 07-26-2023|
Click HERE to be notified when enrollment opens.