Audience: This course is for currently certified EMTs who are interested in advancing their certification to the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) level.
- Airway Management
- Patient Assessment
- Medical and Trauma Emergencies
- Infants and Children
- And much more
Course Format: Online with classroom hours for scenario and skill work.
Course Length: 200+/- hours
- Online Time: We estimate the average student will spend 5-8+ hours per week completing required reading and online coursework.
- Required In-Classroom time: 30 +/- hours. Classroom hours are used for skills and scenario sessions.
- Clinical Length: 80+/- hours at a hospital and/or ambulance.
Course Cost: $1599.00 This price includes the courses, books, lab fees, and handouts. Balance is due on the first day of class.
Deposit: $300.00 non-refundable deposit required when you click the "enroll now" link. This non-refundable deposit is applied to the course fee.
Additional student costs: NREMT written and practical testing fees, immunizations, criminal background checks, drug test, uniform pants, uniform shirt, boots, online A&P Medical Terminology (approx 59.00) and other incidental costs.
Prerequisites: AHA BLS CPR card (taken within 12 months of courses start date), EMT or EMT-B provider. Computer with internet access, speakers, printer, and webcam.
Students are required to obtain and bring into class proof of health insurance and the following immunizations by the 2nd week of class. They are:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): either proof of MMR immunization within the last 8 years or a positive titer (a blood draw showing that immunization already exists).
- Tetanus (DT, DPT or TD): immunization must be within the last 10 years.Negative TB skin test (PPD): skin test date must be less than 6 months before beginning your clinical rotation. Persons with a history of a positive PPD must provide documentation of a recent chest x-ray and a review of symptoms within the past 12 months. If a chest x-ray is abnormal, clinician clearance must also be provided.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Documentation of both varicella vaccine shots, or a positive varicella titer.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series: documentation showing that the Hepatitis B series of immunizations (total of three doses) has been started by the end of the first month of class, or, documentation showing a positive Hep B titer.
- Flu vaccine
For more information on these shots/titers, please call our Health Services office at 603-668-5360.
Certification: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible to take the National Registry of EMTs test for Advanced EMT certification.
Advanced EMT - ALL LOCATIONS
Monday 03-01-2021 6:00 pm
Enrollment Opens - 09-30-2020 12:00 am
Click HERE to be notified when enrollment opens.