Audience: This course is for currently certified EMTs who are interested in advancing their certification to the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) level.
- Airway Management
- Patient Assessment
- Medical and Trauma Emergencies
- Infants and Children
- And much more
Course Format: Online with classroom hours for scenario and skill work.
Course Length: 200+/- hours
- Online Time: We estimate the average student will spend 4-8+ hours per week completing required reading and online coursework.
- Required In-Classroom time: 40 +/- hours. Classroom hours are used for skills and scenario sessions.
- Clinical Length: 80+/- hours at a hospital and/or ambulance.
Course Cost: $1495.00 This price includes the courses, books, lab fees, and handouts.
Deposit: $300.00 non-refundable deposit required when you click the "enroll now" link. This non-refundable deposit is applied to the course fee.
Optional Payment Plan Details
Additional student costs: NREMT written and practical testing fees, immunizations, criminal background checks, drug test, uniform pants, uniform shirt, boots, online A&P Medical Terminology (59.00) and other incidental costs.
Prerequisites: CPR certified in either AHA or Red Cross, EMT or EMT-B provider. Internet access, video recorder and printing capability required.
Students are required to obtain and bring into class proof of the following immunizations by the 3rd week of class. They are:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): either proof of MMR immunization within the last 8 years or a positive titer (a blood draw showing that immunization already exists).
- Tetanus (DT, DPT or TD): immunization must be within the last 10 years.Negative TB skin test (PPD): skin test date must be less than 6 months before beginning your clinical rotation. Persons with a history of a positive PPD must provide documentation of a recent chest x-ray and a review of symptoms within the past 12 months. If a chest x-ray is abnormal, clinician clearance must also be provided.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Documentation of both varicella vaccine shots, or a positive varicella titer.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series: documentation showing that the Hepatitis B series of immunizations (total of three doses) has been started by the end of the first month of class, or, documentation showing a positive Hep B titer.
For more information on these shots/titers, please call our Health Services office at 603-668-5360.
Certification: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible to take the National Registry of EMTs test for Advanced EMT certification.
Advanced EMT - Hybrid
09-05-2018 - 03-30-2019
Enrollment Open - Space Available
This is a hybrid course (online + classroom) and you will be able to choose either Wednesday nights or Saturdays for your in-class times.
CLICK HERE to see the classroom days you need to attend.