Students are required to obtain and bring into class proof of the following immunizations by the 3rd week of class. They are:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): either proof of MMR immunization within the last 8 years or a positive titer (a blood draw showing that immunization already exists).
- Tetanus (DT, DPT or TD): immunization must be within the last 10 years.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Documentation of both varicella vaccine shots, or a positive varicella titer.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series: documentation showing that the Hepatitis B series of immunizations (total of three doses) has been started by the end of the first month of class, or, documentation showing a positive Hep B titer.
- Recent Flu Shot: some clinical sites may require this depending on the status of the flu season
- Negative TB test. Negative TB skin test (PPD): skin test date must be less than 6 months before beginning your clinical rotation. Persons with a history of a positive PPD must provide documentation of a recent chest x-ray and a review of symptoms within the past 12 months. If a chest x-ray is abnormal, clinician clearance must also be provided.